Home Projects

For me, the coming of December signifies new beginnings. Rather than think of new year's resolutions after Christmas like most people do, I want to prepare for 2018 much earlier. Aside from getting hooked to YouTube videos of closet cleanup and home decorating hacks (which my dear officemate raises an eyebrow on), this month inspired me to make changes right at our own home.


Cleaning and reorganizing are therapeutic. Prior to writing the list above, I made small steps by getting a new dish rack, managing things that mom hoarded, clearing the top and side of the fridge, and changing my bathroom pail and dipper, among others. My parents have trouble with letting go of old items as long as they're functional so, that's a bit of a challenge.

The fun part is refurbishing our old body mirror with spray paint. Here are the steps:

1. Ensure that the mirror and ample surface area are covered. I cut and used brown bags.
2. Use sandpaper on the area to be painted.


3. Wipe with wet cloth.


4. Let it dry.
5. Spray.
While these are both my personal choices to add sparkle to our December, I only used Silver for this mirror project.

6. Let it dry before doing a second coat.


7. Do the third coating.

This is how it looks now, greeting anyone who enters my room.
Warning: This spray paint exercise is addictive. I'm targeting smaller objects now. Ask what my favorite shop is and you might be surprised that it's not some boutique or beauty store. Yes, it's the hardware store! OMG, is this the peak of my tita-ness? Dad even said "Dati bored na bored ka sa hardware. Ngayon nakikipagdiskurso ka pa sa salesman."

And here's the new comforter which I got for 699 pesos instead of 1299 during the one-day-only mall sale:

Believe me when I say that upon fixing this on our bed, I immediately fell into deep slumber despite having loads of plans!

Comments

Popular Posts