Birdie Updates

The last time I wrote about our birds at home, they were just six: One finch, three parakeets, and two lovebirds. Well, two months after we got Ming Ming the finch, we welcomed another finch and named her Mong Mong. She makes a different sound that we haven't heard from Ming. I searched online and someone described it as similar to a fax machine.

Mong Mong, Zebra/Society Finch, Bio Research, June 26

Just a few days after, my husband came home with a blue parakeet which we named Charles so that together with her male counterpart, they would be called Charles and Keith! We now fondly call her Charlie or Char-leh.

Though she's cute here, she actually injured her foot after some flying time. But don't worry, she has already recovered and walks as she normally would.

I thought Charlie would be the last because our parakeets were already even numbered. However, on July 21, my husband brought home a new lovebird, "Diamond": the only bird we have who can sleep with lights on.


Unfortunately, Paul and Vico didn't seem to welcome Diamond. This is why we had to buy another big cage. We ended up transferring the parakeets to this new cage so that Diamond can still be a neighbor to Paul and Vico, with just the separator in the middle of the cage.


To my surprise just a week after, my husband brought home Diamond's partner, Zara. While she also got black feathers, it is beautifully mixed with blue. While we initially paired up Diamond and Zara, we noticed that Paul seemed to like Zara and even started attacking his long-time companion Vico! Oh no. This prompted us to exchange their partners.


I guess this would be my last birdie update, unless my husband surprises me again with one or two more. Our bird sanctuary now houses ten. Haha!

Comments

Popular Posts