My Buffet Choices

I realized that I missed going to the buffet when just last Sunday, we went to Yakimix for lunch and then the next day, to NIU by Vikings to attend a dedication and birthday celebration. To justify this food trip, I just thought that it's worth treating my parents to the Sunday buffet because I already received the first payout from the company I recently joined. Hihi! (Also, having COVID last year deprived me of the pleasure to enjoy food. Even until now, I feel like I haven't restored my sense of taste 100%.)

These back-to-back buffet experiences made me think of certain items that usually land on my plate in the first and second rounds. Just writing about these makes me hungry again.

1. Salmon Sashimi - I absolutely love fresh slices of salmon or anything close (salmon maki or sushi). It's usually expensive when served a la carte in restaurants so I take advantage whenever we go to a buffet.

2. Ebi Tempura - Unless you're allergic to seafood, what's not to love in shrimp with a little bit of crisp? I've observed that grabbing a good serving of tempura is one of the first few things that most diners do at a buffet.

3. Oysters - Steamed, baked, or whatever recipe it is, I love oysters so I usually get three or four pieces. Just take caution if your tummy is usually sensitive to this.

4. Eclairs - For dessert, I like the texture of eclairs so if it's included in the buffet selection, I get two or more to share with family.

5. Tarts, cake slices, and coffee jelly - Nice to look at and even better when eaten, they all give me reasons to go to the buffet! Indeed, I have a sweet tooth. But obviously, I choose these over ice cream and other iced desserts.




Comments

Popular Posts