An Afternoon at Si Christina

There were no customers when I entered the cafe today but after a few minutes, I noticed others coming in both for takeout and dine-in orders. I must have gotten this charm from my mom who, upon stepping into a store, seems to attract more customers (Must be a good idea to start our own business!).

My husband and I had a chill afternoon meal at Si Christina. If you have the chance to visit San Pablo, Laguna, I recommend that you drop by either for their cakes and coffee or their brunch and dinner offerings. They're also known for being a shooting venue for one of the scenes in the film Barcelona: A Love Untold.

So what did we have? We didn't want to get too full before dinner so we just shared their Black Pasta with squid, mussels, and scallops. I love how the flavors come together, with the seafood also absorbing much of the sauce. Nasimot namin ang plato!


But before that, we started with their creamy pumpkin soup. I liked it as well as the soft bread that it was served with. Since I love mashed potato, we had it as a side and chose to have it served with gravy. Honestly, it's already good and buttery without the gravy. But I must say that their gravy tasted unique, giving you a hint of herbs.



We also liked their mango smoothie - just perfect for a hot afternoon. It's as if it also has ice cream as one of the ingredients.

Prices are as follows:

Creamy soup- Php 109
Black pasta- Php 255
Mango smoothie- Php 175
Mashed potato w/ gravy- Php 75



Comments

Popular Posts