My Search for Good Steak Continues

A seafood lover since childhood, I've recently embraced steak places. Despite the different price ranges and the fact that some dining spots charge very high on premium cuts, I'm still game! Just give my wallet time to recover. Haha.


But here in San Pablo City Laguna, there's one steakhouse whose prices are in the middle. In this photo, we tried their Australian Rib Eye (790 pesos) served with two sides: Vegetable salad and mashed potato. This was our first visit so we decided not to go for the more expensive Angus Prime Rib Eye (1900 pesos).

Let me start with the vegetable salad because it was a good part of the meal. Its dressing seemed to be kewpie with sesame and the flavors blended nicely. As for the mashed potato, it wasn't smooth and buttery. Though I usually crave mashed potatoes, this is not something I'd come back for.

Now for the Australian Rib Eye. I'm used to restos that serve steak on a hot plate with rich gravy or sizzling oil underneath. But this is different. They use a regular white plate and not much is going on with seasoning. Perhaps their goal is not to overwhelm the palate and just focus on the grilled flavor of the meat, but really, I'm looking for something else that would enhance that.

The size is okay for its price, and they recommend going for Medium Rare which we did. You'd probably appreciate the fatty portions too and it was easy to cut the meat into bite size pieces. I'll give this a 6/10.

We were the only customers that afternoon and we dined indoors. But customers usually come on Friday and Saturday nights to enjoy their live band and enjoy some drinks, dining al fresco.

Comments

Popular Posts