Meet My Friend Pamela

Year 2019 has been a time of hellos and goodbyes. I made a lot of friends and got closer with a good number of people, but as 2019 draws to a close, we also have to wish our friends well as they move on with their careers.

Meet Puh-me-luh, soft-spoken yet marami ring kalokohan. To help me move on, siya 'yung nagpauso ng "pag may nakita kang kalbong nakapula, miss ka niya." And she made me realize how being kalbo is so in vogue. They're everywhere: Front, back, side to side, and even on a poster at McDo! Hindi na tuloy ako nalulungkot, natatawa na 'ko! And when I said seryoso na, kailangan na naming umorder sa lugawan, we both saw Arroz Caldo which still sounds like kalbo. Sinusundan talaga 'ko.

This picture reminds me of the time when we shared our secrets:
It was a chance encounter at the escalator when we decided to hang around after work. Pam did not just sincerely tell her story, she has always been a good listener too. Then, it was later this year when she helped me with one of the classes we handled during the peak season, before she had her own.

I will miss you, Pam. You made our account a fun place to be in. I understand that we have priorities and I pray for your success in the next endeavor. You used to tell me that standing up for oneself could be challenging, but I believe you're a strong woman. Thank you for the trust and friendship. I won't say it is short-lived because you will always be a friend to me.

Comments

Popular Posts