Cafelandia

'Twas a hot and humid Saturday afternoon - a perfect time to chill at a cafe that gives me Starbucks and for Quezon City folks, Brewing Point vibes. My husband and I went to Cafelandia in Barleta, San Pablo City.



I've frequently seen this establishment but didn't get the chance to stop by previously. I also find their items pricey on Food Panda so in my mind, I'd rather dine in sometime. So yesterday, we tried their:

Blueberry Cheesecake - Php 125/slice

Mocha Java Chip - 145 (Size: David)

Cheesy Bacon Sausage Sandwich - 175

Sisig with rice - 180

Those are usual prices you'd expect from a cafe like this, but in terms of taste, was it really worth it? I'd say yes for the first three items but not for the rice meal. Yes, the portion was really okay for the latter, but it's nakakaumay and not what I expected sisig to be: Served on a sizzling plate with egg on top and some chopped pepper. This version is more of sauteed pork with scrambled egg, served with soy sauce and calamansi.

Their Cheesy Bacon Sandwich meanwhile is a nice break from your Jollibee and 711 hotdog sandwich and is served with fries, but you might find their melted cheese saltier than expected. Not sure if they consistently do it that way. I'll try to order one minus bacon next time. Sausage itself was okay, with a firm texture.

My husband liked his Mocha Java Chip, but I'm not a fan as it was too sweet. I prefer Starbucks' version still.

In terms of ambiance, it's undoubtedly a nice hangout for students and families in the community. I won't deprive them of a second visit and maybe more. Service is superb (servers are standing by and are attentive) and they accept GCash for payment.

Comments

Popular Posts