Changing Your Outlook

About the sermon that awakens.

After a long while, I was standing there again… at the parish that makes me feel like home— Lourdes. Oh how I love her! Just reminds me of the experiences I had in LSQC. There, I met my one great love.

We made it to the 12-1pm mass and the celebrant is Fr. Ichabod. My fellow Squirettes caught me and they were surprised. All they could say was “Uy gumaganda…” With everything I’ve gone through?! Well then Stresstabs isn’t for me because instead of looking older, staying late for schoolwork seems to make me prettier and much alive. Yet I’m not free from the threat of permanent eyebags and of tears that fall when I miss someone terribly at nighttime.

The homily is of big help. I remember what my Christian Living teacher tells her daughter when she gets sleepy during Mass: “Umuupo yung devil sa talukap ng mata mo para matulog ka na lang imbes na makinig.” Father requested us to tell the person sitting beside: “Bulag ka.” Do we admit this to ourselves? Usually, it’s easier for people to see the negative side of things. Rarely do we appreciate the goodness of people as our attention is focused on the evil that they do. Truly, we can’t change reality but we can change the eyes that see it. Without the eyes of faith, what happens to the days of the week is this:

Monday --> Moan day
Tuesday --> Tears day
Wednesday --> Waste day
Thursday --> Thirst day
Friday --> Fight day
Saturday --> Shattered day
Sunday --> Sin day

Now I should learn to value even my deepest problems. They’re blessings! It is through them that I see God’s glory. I can’t imagine how boring life could get without these thrills. In the end, the priest uttered words from the Responsorial Psalm again: “The Lord is my shepherd. There is nothing I shall want.” One reason why we should make time to go to church even if we’re too busy is that it makes us return to life. It invigorates! Praise God.

Comments

Popular Posts